Sunday, April 24, 2011

0 for 2 +1

So, not the best way to start off the BASEBALL season.
Porter's first game was on Thursday. So to the ball park we went. It was COLD! I hate cold baseball weather. Porter is doing the machine pitch this year. Much different than t-ball. He plays on the "BIG" field. The same one his brother plays on. So we have the baselines drawn up to the real 1st and 3rd bases, then Porters 1st base sits about 2/3 the way up the baseline, so they've shrunk the ball field.
Porter got up to bat and got a hit. YEAH! He starts to run to 3rd base, goes back the other way and heads to 1st base. Not his 1st base. The one that Trevor uses. His coach brings him back to show him where he needed to stop and then tells him that he is out and points for him to go to the dugout (along the 3rd base line). He runs as hard as he can around all the bases, is heading for home plate. He was so excited and his other coach finally catches up to him and says, "You're out. Go sit down." It was so funny. He did get 2 more hits too, but never scored.













So Friday night, 9:00 pm, was Trevor's game. I dropped him off for batting practice around 8 pm and then came back up for the game. As I pulled up, guess who was on the mound warming up to pitch? Trevor. I was so excited for him. He pitched a good game (2 1/2 innings), unfortunately, there was no fielding help. He struck out his only time that he got up to bat. Oh well. They've dusted off their cob webs and will have a better games this week. We've got 4 to play this week so we will be plenty busy.
So my +1. My friend is in charge of the snack shack up at the ball park. I asked her last year if she could use Natalie's help. Never heard back from her. So Porter was playing against her sons team and she said to me, "Does your daughter still want a job?" YEAH! So I think she's just a substitute, which I think will mean a lot of last minute positions, but hopefully that will work out for her. It just means for me, one more commute up to the ball park. Oh well.

No comments: