Saturday, December 20, 2008

PRESCHOOL PROGRAM 2008



You know by the title that this is going to be good. Preschool programs are always so enjoyable. You look at all the kids and think, "thank goodness that one is not mine." You know you do. Just admit to it. So Craig quickly spots the boy who is grabbing himself. Whew! It's not my kid.


Porter was front and center stage for his program last night. We really want to THANK Mrs. Eggett (teacher) for placing him there. He always has to be the center of attention.
So as the program started, I could tell that there was going to be trouble with him and the little boy next to him (Blake). Oh yes those two little mischievous boys. The two of them start out by boxing each other, Mrs. Eggett is playing the piano and her sister in law and 2 nieces are singing this song.
I had put pants on Porter that I thought were his. WRONG! They were his friends and they were too big for him. We were in such a hurray I told him to just wear them and that he'd be fine. So he's up on stage constantly pulling his pants up. When him and Blake start boxing, Porter decided to show him his underwear. The pants didn't come down too far, however... Craig claps his hands together so loudly (in the middle of the song) and told me to get up there and get it taken care of. Great! I think I was more embarrassed over the clapping of Craig's hands then Porter and his pant issue. After all, this is what really what makes a program memorable. Don't you think?
It was a very cute program. Porter now is really into the reindeer's and their names. It's very funny. He'll ask me when we are reading a book or watching a show, "Which reindeer do you think this is?" He knows all of their names.







Santa Clause came too. It was really our home teacher from our ward (Chris Glad). The kids got very excited and Porter ran over their first to sit on his lap. So this morning at breakfast he was asking me when he could get on the computer and talk to Santa. I told him he talked to Santa last night at his party. He said to me, "No I didn't, that was just Uncle Chris dressed up." I laughed hard. He's too smart for me. I'm going to have to try and stay 2 steps in front of this child.

2 comments:

The Sullenger's said...

Next time--Video!!

Gudgell said...

I am so glad that Porter's program was so enjoyable. My children never did things like that......ummm. I agree with the Sullengers. Some day Porter will read this and be really embarrassed, especially when his girlfriend is there with the family.

Merry Christmas.