Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chrstmas is St. George



Guess what Trevor, Natalie and Porter got for Christmas????















What a different kind of Christmas for us. It was a lot of fun. We headed down to the Sullenger's Tuesday evening and returned on Saturday. Craig even got in 9 holes of golf for Nana's B-day. Life is soooo good when you get to golf the day after Christmas.
My kids enjoyed being with the cousins. I'm sooo glad that they still like each other and want to hang out with each other.
Wednesday morning the Mom's got a few hours off to get some pedicures and lunch. It was wonderful. Just what I needed. We had Christmas eve at the Sullengers. Grandma Great, Georgia & Leonard and Heather and Garth & family all came over. Brian cooked RIBS. Oh yummmmm. (I still need the sauce recipe please). We enjoyed one anothers company and even opened some gifts.
The kids wouldn't go to sleep, so I had to stay up extra late to get everything ready for Christmas. Of course the kids woke up early too. They were so excited they just couldn't wait. Oh well. We had Nana & Pa on Skype with us when the kids were opening up their gifts. That was nice to be able to include them. I know you can't guess what Santa Clause brought me, so I'll try and help you out. Last year I got this great camera. This year I received this great ZOOM lens. Wow, what a difference it makes. Can you tell????
Liz & Brian's neighbor and his daughter were baptised Christmas night. I had met them when I went down over the 4th of July, so I went to the baptism too. It was such a wonderful experience to have on Christmas day. Not something you get to attend every year.
We came home and played games, watched Mama Mia and then the lights went out. It was kind of fun. We ate Ashley's GREAT cheesecake and sat around.
Friday us Mom's took the kids shopping (no great sales). The boys were off golfing. Then we stopped by Jumping Jacks for the kids to play around. They do enjoy that. That night we went to the rec center. Brian took the kids swimming, Liz and I walked the track and Craig watched football in the foyer (cable went out at the Sullengers after the lights went out).
We got up on Saturday morning and got packed up and left. We did do a stop for lunch at IN and OUT Burgers. My favorite. My kids like it too now. Even Porter ate all his cheeseburger. He usually eats chicken nugget's.

2 comments:

Gudgell said...

I have been waiting for this report and pictures. Thank you for it. thank you for including us in the gift opening. Thankyou for all the good stuff you sent to us. Thank you for being our family.

XOXO

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas with your family. Rumor has it they're building an Inn-N-Out Burger this year up north. We're crossing our fingers.