Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hello world

Yes we do still exist. Why I don't get on here and write more is beyond me. Perhaps it's because I started blogging so my parents could stay caught up with us while they were on their mission. Perhaps it was because all my scrap booking supplies were in boxes for umpteen years. Who knows. I do miss it and I miss reading everyone's blogs. I guess with facebook I feel like I'm "caught up" with your lives. But that's not really the case. On facebook I get the "cliffsnote version", not the whole story. So here I am again.
Life with the Randall's is ever so crazy. I'll try catching you up one at a time.

Craig is staying busy. We hope we have survived the worst of the economy and that we are on to higher ground. We KNOW that we have been so blessed. He has not had to shut his business down. He did downsize from 4 of them to just 2 now. He is serving as the EQP in the ward and is ever faithful with his service to the Lord. He has gotten us a step closer to our basement being finished. My craft room is actually a room I can do things in. It's not finished yet, but progress is progress. I wish he could take off a week from work and just finish it. That's not going to happen. Craig even took some time off to attend many of Trevor's football games this year. YEAH! I do love this man of mine. He means so much to me.

Trevor started his sophomore year. High school???? Where did the time go? He joined the football team this year. He was a little hesitant at first, but when he decided he gave it his all. He wore #76 and even recovered a fumble ran about 30+ yards before someone finally took him down. His dad was there for that game. It was even more sweet because it was against Viewmont. He also played baseball over the summer. It was an exciting year for him. I was very proud of his decision he made to not play in 2 of the tournament games and attend Youth Conference. He returned from Youth Conference and was able to help his team finish the tournament and win the Championship. Such a great experience for him.He is quite the sportsman and is ALWAYS showing his good sportsmanship. He is becoming such a responsible young man. I'm amazed at how he has grown.

Natalie is in 7th grade this year. She is a 7th grade officer at Mill Creek Jr High. She absolutely LOVES IT! She is my go to gal. If I need help with anything, she is there for me. She absolutely loves crafts and fashion. She keeps saying she wants to be a fashion or interior designer when she grows up. Her goal with school this year is to get a 4.0. She is close and is a good student. She is working on homework for 2, 3 sometimes even 4 hours after school. She is very disciplined and sometime is too hard on herself. We are working on that one. She is the FRIENDLIEST girl ever. She always has been. She is the babysitter extraordinaire too. She is trying to save up for a Nook. She absolutely loves her brothers. I love to see the relationship with her and Trevor. They have become more friends with one another. It is AWESOME!

My Porter just turned 6 years old. I can hardly believe it. Time goes by so very very fast. He is a busy busy boy. He loves to play and go and do. He is in Kindergarten this year and has an amazing teacher. Mrs. Gallacher sings to these kids and teaches them all sorts of songs. He comes home singing a new song while doing homework. I LOVE IT! He has lots of friends and loves to have "late nights" with them. He has started reading and thinks that he should be able to read ANY book he has. His favorite things to do is play ball (basketball, baseball, soccer or football - it matters not), play with friends, ride bikes/scooters, play the Wii and be OUTSIDE. He has always been my outdoors boy. He played soccer and baseball last spring. On his baseball team was a boy names Isaac who's 2 older brothers were on Trevor's baseball team. It was nice for Porter to have a friend to play with at all the games. Isaac is now in Porter's kindergarten class and have become great friends. Porter is the baby of the family, who isn't so baby-ish any more. He a young boy.






Porter is wanting a pet so bad. The rule is, when the basement is done we will get a pet. For Porter that is too long to wait. So during the summer he collects bugs. He has had more than one grasshopper that has stayed with him all day.








As for me, I am trying like crazy to keep things taken care of for everyone else. I help Craig with office work down at his business. I take the kids to and from and from and to. I am still working 30 hours/week at the U. My calling for the last 2 years has been Stake YW Camp Director. It has been amazing getting to know so many people from the Stake. It has been a lot of fun too. I'm struggling more this year with it though. I'm not sure what my purpose is this year and I'm not sure I can and should be going to camp. My current job ends in September. Girls Camp in the 1st week in August. It's one of those things I keep praying about, but I'm sure not getting any answers. Hopefully something will click with me soon. It was fun to have Natalie at Camp with me last year. I have been enjoying my hobby room. It's fun to put things away and organize them then be able to go right to them and use them when needed. Everyone needs a hobby room.

With it being less than a week before Christmas, I hope that we will all remember the true meaning of Christmas and be able to carry a Christ like attitude with us to the new year.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

All I can say is WOW, the kids are growing up so fast. You should be so proud to be their mom - they are amazing. I loved reading this update. I've wondered frequently what y'all are up to. Glad to hear you're surviving this horrid economy. Merry Christmas and love to you all!